It’s hard to give a definitive answer without knowing your specific case. You absolutely can go through the protocol without introducing animal protein. Balancing your blood sugar and supporting your liver will do a lot to get your hormones flowing, but if it still doesn’t instigate a period in your case, it might be time to slowly and gently introduce animal protein into your diet. Remember that it doesn’t mean you’ll have to eat it forever, but it could be the right medicinal choice for your endocrine system at this time.
Articles in this section
- What kinds of foods will we be eating in the program? Can you give me an example?
- I think I eat pretty healthy already. What’s the missing piece for me?
- I live in a small town – will I be able to find all the recommended foods and supplements at my local grocery store?
- I’ve been raw vegan for awhile now and am not getting my period. I really don’t believe in eating meat for ethical reasons – is there a way around having to eat meat to get my period?
- I have a family and am scared my husband and kids won’t like the new food I make. How can I help them adjust?
- I’m single and work a lot and don’t have time to cook. Will I still be able to do the program?